We all go nuts for donuts, but those restricted from grabbing a donut with their morning coffee from the bakery, feel like they are missing out! But no more! These donuts are gluten-free, baked-not fried and absolutely delicious and moist!
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Food color of your choice
- Toppings-sprinkles, sweetened coconut flakes, marshmallows, fruit
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add in the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and vegetable oil and stir until batter forms.
- Fill the donut pan about 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 7-8 minutes.
6. Remove from pan and set on a cookie rack to cool completely before glazing.
7. Once completely cooled, mix the powdered sugar and milk in a bowl until a glaze forms.
8. Now is your time to get creative! Put some glaze in different bowls and add whatever food coloring you’d like.
9. Dip the fronts of the donuts into the glaze until covered, then add your toppings!
10. Serve immediately or store in containers once the glaze hardens.