With running my own business and chasing after a 4 year-old all day, easy-to-fix meals are my jam. I love that I can toss the potatoes in the oven for an hour and forget them and use a rotisserie chicken and quickly assemble this warm, tasty meal. I have no shame in using shortcuts to get dinner on the table! Plus, it’s so dang good so who cares!?
- Rotisserie chicken, 2+ cups shredded chicken
- 2-4 baking potatoes (depending on number of guests eating)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 1 can green chilies
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded taco cheese blend
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash potatoes and poke holes all over the potatoes using a fork.
- Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for an hour or until soft and tender.
- Slice the 1/2 onion into thin slices and add to a saucepan.
- Shred the chicken and add 2 cups to sauce pan.
- Open the cans of chilies and enchilada sauce and add to sauce pan.
- Sprinkle with the garlic powder.
8. Saute until onions are soft and chicken is hot. Heat to a boil and simmer until serving.
9. Run a knife along the top of the potatoes and squeeze open.
10. Using a spoon, mash down the inside of the potatoes and fill with the chicken mixture until full.
11. Sprinkle with cheese and add a scoop of sour cream and top with cilantro.
12. Serve and devour! You could also try other toppings like queso or guacamole!